In a country filled with magical temples, dense jungle, resilient, welcoming people, and bugs as a regular part of the diet lies the largest temple complex in the world: Angkor Wat.
Although Cambodia’s Angkor Temples have been on my bucket list for quite some time (as I’m sure is the case with a lot of travelers), I was completely unprepared for what I was in store for. While unbearable heat with very little respite (even the pools were so warm they gave little relief) came as a bit of a surprise; the wild nature of Siem Reap coupled with magical temples and holy sites around every corner makes this captivating country an adventure-seeker’s paradise.
Here are 18 reasons (in photo form) to add Cambodia’s Angkor Temples to your bucket list.
1. The airport is pretty darn cool
2. The street food scene features one of a kind eats
3. Temples are around every corner
4. The details are stunning
5. It’s the largest temple complex in the world
6. Take your photo at the center of the universe
7. See the world from a different perspective
8. Take in the history of the Khemer empire
9. Get in touch with your spiritual side
10. Marvel at the amazing architecture
11. Explore the temples taken back by nature
11. Marvel at the jewel of Khemer art
12. Trek to River of a Thousand Lingas
13. Eat your heart out at the local markets
14. Take in life of the floating villages on Tonlé Sap Lake
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.