A sip of this blood orange Thai mojito beauty consisting of rum, blood oranges, thai basil, mint, kaffir lime leaves, and Thai chilis will have you transported to SE Asia in no time. Cheers!
5 oz fresh squeezed blood orange juice
1 oz lime juice
3 oz light rum
1/2 red Thai chili, minced (aka bird’s eye chili)
4 kaffir lime leaves, roughly torn (found in most asian markets)
1 small bunch of mint (leaves removed from stems and roughly torn), plus a few stems for garnish
1/2 small bunch Thai basil (leaves removed from stems, and roughly torn)
2 tablespoons brown sugar or palm sugar
1 whole blood orange
lemon-lime soda or soda water
- In a shaker or or cocktail mixing glass muddle mint, Thai basil, kaffir lime leaves, Thai chili, sugar, lime juice and 1 oz of blood orange juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Add rum and remaining blood orange juice to mint mixture and stir well.
- Slice blood orange into thin slices and arrange inside 2 highball glasses, add ice.
- Pour mint mixture evenly between the two glasses.
- Top with lemon-lime soda or soda water, garnish with mint, and enjoy.